December 11, 2008

Day 3

9 December 2008

The morning started with a short trip down memory lane, courtesy of my cousin Cecile. We drove through the University of the Philippines (UP) and saw my sister’s school where she attended the 1st grade. I myself didn’t go there, as I was too young, but I remember going there when we picked her up and dropped her off to school.

Cecile took us to her work place since Leah needed to check in at work. We thought that maybe we’d catch a taping of Wowowee at the ABS-CBN studios, but it turns out that they weren’t taping until Thursday. I wasn’t too disappointed since I wouldn’t be able to understand anything. We spent the next couple hours holed up at the Starbucks in Cecile’s building, enjoying the AC and the WiFi. They charge about $2/hr to use their WiFi, but it was money well spent. After Leah was finished working, we had lunch at Dencio’s and had waaaay too much food.

A word about food here… we LOVE the food here, especially breakfast. My aunt employs several people at her house and there’s always food out. In fact, there’s food on the table before we even go downstairs to eat…there’s goes any idea I had of losing weight while we’re here.

The rest of the day was spent at the SM Marikina – a huge (and that’s an understatement) mall. Apparently there’s an even bigger mall in Manila called the Mall of Asia. Cecile’s husband, Sonny, offered to take us there later, but I politely refused, saying that I could only take in one mega mall per week. Four long hours later, we were ready to fall asleep on our feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment